You, the customer (the “Customer” or “you”) and we, One Step Storage Ltd. (the “Company”, “we” or “us”) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Services: The Company agrees to provide the Customer with services you have selected for the noted fees, as outlined on the Service pages on the onestepstorage.ca website (the Website”). Services may include:
- Storage: The Storage Services are offered by the Company by arranging the transportation and storage of your items using our mobile lockers as well as over-sized storage. The Company utilizes Aim Moving Limited. as our preferred mover or other movers to transport items and utilizes secure third party storage facilities as posted on the Website;
- Moving: The Company refers all moving services to One Step Mover, a division of Aim Moving Ltd, which is not affiliated with the Company. The Company is not a party to your moving service agreement and is not liable for the the moving services. Please refer to the One Step Mover or Aim Moving Limited terms of service;
- Shipping: The Company facilities the delivery of the items you wish to ship to the shipping company you have selected, which is not affiliated with the Company. The Company is not a party to your shipping service agreement and is not liable for the shipping services, after your items have been provided to your selected shipper. Please refer to your selected shipper for their terms of the shipping service; and
- Recycle: The Recycle Services are offered by the Company by arranging the pick-up and delivery of items to either a noted charity or disposed;
The Company retains full discretion not to accept an application for the Service from a Customer for any reason including, but not limited to, the Customer not providing adequate notice to Company, not completing the application form, or the Company no longer having available the necessary equipment. The Company will advise you that it is unable to provide the service within a reasonable time so the Customer can make other arrangements.
- Ownership of Property: The Customer represents and warrants to the Company that he or she is the legal owner or in lawful possession of the property it has applied for the Services and has the legal right and authority to contract for the Service for all of the Property tendered, upon the provisions, limitations, terms and conditions set forth in this agreement, and that there are no existing liens, mortgages or encumbrances on the Property. If there is a dispute between the Customer and the Company or between the Customer and any other person concerning ownership or possession of the Property, before collecting the Property the Customer agrees to pay all fees and charges that are due to the Company, together with such costs and expenses including lawyers´ fees and charges that are due, as well as for such costs/expenses.
- Use: The Customer shall not use the Services to ship, move, store or dispose any food, beverages, explosives, weapons, inflammable material or dangerous, illegal, hazardous, or noxious substances or any animal or plants, noise-creating chattels or any similar products. The Customer agrees that no business will be conducted through use of the Company´s Storage Services without the written permission of the Company, and that no item will be stored with the Company which would violate any law or ordinance now or hereafter in force.
- Access: The Customer must give the Company one (1) full business day notice received prior to 11:30 a.m. before accessing their Property using our Service at our selected storage facility. Access to their Property will be granted only to the Customer that contracted for the Service or his/her legal representative and will only be provided during regular business hours (Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, excluding statutory holidays.) The Company retains the right to charge a $15.00 fee if the Customer does not show up for the access visit or cancels the visit within one (1) full business day of the scheduled access visit. The Company retains the right to charge $15.00 per access visit if the Customer wishes to obtain in excess of two (2) access visits within a six month period.
- Failure to (Un)Load: It is the Customer´s responsibility for meeting the scheduled (un)loading time, date and location for the Services. If the Customer does not attend the scheduled (un)loading date or cancels the (un)loading date within one (1) full business day of the scheduled (un)loading date, the Company retains the right to charge a $25.00 – $49.00 cancellation fee and alternative (un)loading arrangements will have to be made with the Company.
- Assignment: The Customer shall not assign his or her rights under this agreement or any part thereof without the written consent of the Company obtained in advance.
- Limited liability: The Company’s liability will be limited up to the fees the Company received for the Services it had contract with you and where payment has been received by the Company whether directly or indirectly for loss of or damage to the Property of the Customer, or for any other losses or damages incurred by the Customer or any other person. If a claim is made, the Customer must provide proof of delivery of Property to the Company and proof of the value of the damaged or lost properties. Customer’s are encourage to review their applicable home owner policy or other applicable policies to determine whether they have adequate insurance based on the replacement value.
- Right of entry and disposal: The Customer agrees that if the Customer fails to pay the Storage Service fee or other applicable charges when due or to unload the Mobile Locker promptly upon the expiration of the storage period, then the Company shall have the right to:
a) dispose of the storage Property by public or private sale, upon such terms and conditions as are reasonable, after providing ten (10) days written notice to the Customer that the Company has taken possession of the Property and intends to dispose of it; and b) apply the proceeds of the sale of the Property first to the cost of such sale and second to the payment for any amount due from the Customer to the Company under the terms of this agreement. Any excess will be deposited in the Company’s trust account. The Company will then notify the Customer of the amount of excess and will thereafter hold the excess for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of giving of the notice. If the Customer shall demand the excess and give the Company a receipt therefore, the excess funds shall be released to the Customer. Failure of the Customer to demand such excess or to provide receipt for the funds within the ninety (90) day period shall terminate the trust and the Company shall be entitled to retain the excess funds.
- Loss and Expense: If the Company suffers or incurs any damage, loss, or expense, or is obliged to make payment for which the Customer is liable hereunder by reason of the failure of the Customer to observe and comply with any of the terms of this agreement, including reasonable lawyers’ fees (where it shall be necessary for the Company to obtain the services of a lawyer for the purposes of collecting Service fees or other applicable charges in damage, loss, expense, or payment to the Service fee), any such amount shall immediately become due and payable by the Customer to the Company and any such amount or cost, that is unpaid, shall bear interest at the rate of eighteen (18%) percent per annum.
- Notice: Any notice to the Customer shall be sent email and/or by ordinary mail to the address set forth in the Application for Storage Services or to such other address as the Customer shall advise the Company. Any notice to the Company shall be sent by email and/or ordinary mail to the address of the Company set forth on the Application for Storage Services or to such other address as the Company shall advise the Customer. Any notices sent will be deemed to have been received by the other party three (3) business days after they were sent, unless there is a postal strike or stoppage, in which case it will be necessary to deliver personally or by courier.
- Affiliation: The student Customer acknowledges that the Company is not affiliated or endorsed by any university or college for the Storage Services.
- Sharing Information: The Customer consents to: a) the Company sharing the Customer´s personal information when it is necessary to meet legal and regulatory requirements, statistical or record keeping purposes and to service them as a customer; and b) if you are a student customer, that the Company and your school sharing the Customer´s contact information and assigned residence area to assist the Company in locating the Customer, providing notice to the Customer or ensuring that the Customer´s Property is delivered to the appropriate residence at your school. c. the Company sharing the Customer´s name and contact information to facilitate the delivery or accessing the Customer´s Mobile Locker through One Step´s authorized moving company, your selected shipping company or other authorized agent.
- Amendments: No terms of this Agreement may be altered and no conditions shall be waived except by written agreement by the Customer and the Company, except where the Company may amend the Agreement by providing the Customer with 30 days notice and by posting the revised agreement on this website.
SCHEDULE A – Storage Service Fee and Payment Schedule
|Service includes use of Mobile Locker; transportation of Mobile Locker to selected storage facility to specified location on dates and times you and the Company have agreed upon; and storage charged on a monthly basis.Price:Storage:$31.50 (30 cubic feet) or $42.00 (40 cubic feet) Mobile Locker storage fee per month rounded up to the closest month. (2 minimum storage period)Transportation:
Administration: $20.00 administration fee each visit if you choose to deliver and load and/or unload your items at our facility.
Payment Schedule: Transportation and first month storage fee must be paid on or before the Loading Date. Subsequent monthly storage fees must be paid on the anniversary of the storage contract or may be paid on a multiple month basis.
Over-sized Storage Service
|$38.50 (30 cubic feet) Mobile Locker or $51.00 (40 cubic feet) Mobile Closet storage or $91.00 (280 cubic feet) Mobile Vault fee per month rounded up to the closest month. (1 minimum storage period) Administration: $20.00 administration fee each visit if you choose to deliver your items at our facility.
Payment Schedule: Two months storage, transportation fee and or an administrative fee (if applicable) must be paid on or before the Loading Date. Subsequent monthly storage fees and other outstanding fees must be paid on the anniversary of the storage contract or may be pay on a multiple month basis.
|If any of your credit card payment, cheques, or bank account are declined, dishonored or returned to us as NSF we will charge you $25.00.|
* All prices exclude HST or applicable taxes